Friday 13 June 2008

Tripping the night fantastic.........


DJ likes to fret. Well – that’s the only conclusion I can find after several years of trying not to fret myself when he’s like this……….

He came home from the day centre - on a minibus – 2.5 hrs ago. Since then, at least every 5 mins, he has been fretting that he “will miss the bus”…… he’s not sure what bus, or where it’s going – but he’s increasingly anxious that he will miss it. I’ve tried telling him he caught it fine this morning….. and again this afternoon to come home……. that he’s been on the bus……. that there is no bus……. that it has been cancelled……. that the next bus is 3 days’ time on Monday……. I’ve tried distraction - ice cream, tea, cake, biscuits…… more tea. I’ve said the driver has gone home to his bed. I tried the telly on… the telly off……. the curtains closed so the room is dark ……..

All To No Avail.

He’s usually fretting to get to his bed by now. That’s what he needs. He looks tired – desperately tired. But he’ll force himself to stay awake in case the bus comes……. Will he fall asleep if I take him out in the car ? Who knows. But it’s maybe worth a try.

Any other suggestions ?

No comments: